Get to know me

My photo
Bonnie Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi, I'm Kellie, a designer, silversmith and Jeweller. I recently completed a postgrad at Bishopsland Educational Trust in Jewellery, Silversmithing and Business Management in the August 2011. Along side my postgraduate course I ran my own bespoke jewellery design business, designing and making jewellery for my client base, as well as making larger sculptural pieces, commissioned for Brittish Silver week 2011. I've been incredibly lucky in having been tutored by the likes of Malcolm Appleby, Rod Kelly, Jacqueline Mina, Angela Cork and John Bartholomew. My work is all about hand piercing!!! I use a traditional decorative technique used mainly for its aesthetic appeal and create it into a structure. Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/kellietleighton Facebook page, by searching Kellie Theresa Leighton-Designer, Jeweller and Silversmith and liking the page. Contact me at kellietleighton@gmail.com

Commissions

Commissions from £80 to £4,000 +. I'm very flexible and aim to make work that is affordable for any budget.


Browse through work

Simply click on the blogg posts below to browse the entire site and search through my work.

Browse blogg and work

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Hey guys :) Sat watching penguin spy cam tonight. Amazing. Anyway I get bored easily and incredibly emotional anything animal related, it breaks my heart watching them...so I wanted to introduce you to the lovely and incredibly talented Elizabeth Humble. 

First met Lizzie whilst doing our degree along side each other. We spent many a late night on the run up to the degree show together. She's an amazing gall and she kept my spirits up :) so promoting her work is at least the one thing that I can do.





Lizzie launched her award winning debut collection “The Fragile Landscape” in 2010, closely followed by  “The Fragments Collection” in 2011.

Originally from Argyll in the west coast of Scotland, she went on to study an honours degree in Jewellery and Metal Design, at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art. Soon after graduating, she won the prestigious Goldsmiths’ Company award for Jewellery, at the New Designers exhibition in London, and the New Designers ‘One Year On’ award in 2011.

From her own mouth, her “inspiration comes from the beautifully rugged and dramatic landscape of the west coast of Scotland. I like to create work that explores the land in an abstract and challenging way, unearthing details, and exploring natural rock formations hidden beneath the surface of the land.
I have developed a unique technique layering silver wires together to create intricate structures in precious metals. I transform these structures into beautifully unique pieces of jewellery, airing an edgy and sophisticated tone.”

I really love her work because not only is it beautiful but because every piece is so unique and skillfully made. Lizzie laboriously constructs these incredibly pieces of jewellery by painstakingly soldering and layering wire together to create the most amazing, wearable pieces of art. 


                Here are a selection of my favourite pieces from a mixture of her collections.
























You can browse your way to happiness http://www.elizabethhumble.com/index.html

follow her on twitter http://twitter.com/ElizabethHumble

and read her blog post at http://elizabethahumble.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments: